5 Signs Your AC System Needs Repair: Recognizing Red Flags for Timely Maintenance
When your AC needs repair, it is important to understand the warning signs. When you do, you will have a better chance of avoiding repairs. This means you should know how the AC functions because it could make a difference in how much money you could save. Besides being aware of how the AC functions, there are five warning signs, you should now if your AC needs repair.
By recognizing these warning signals, you can promptly contact Cosmic Comfort and schedule a professional inspection and repair service. Our skilled technicians will thoroughly assess your AC system, address the underlying issues, and ensure your system operates efficiently, providing you with a cool and comfortable environment year-round.
1. Lack of Airflow
When there is a lack of airflow, the problem will likely be within the air ducts or the compressor. This may lead to a repair of the air ducting resulting from a tear or a weak compressor. Either way, a trained AC system technician needs to take a look.
2. You Only Get Warm Air
When your AC is blowing warm, the compressor may be having an issue or the refrigerant may be low and needs to be recharged. The warm air could also stem from a ducting issue that has caused it to draw warm outside air instead of cool compressor air.
3. The AC is Letting Off Foul Odors
When your AC lets off a foul odor, it could stem from more than one issue. However, the most common issues involve mold and electrical wiring. If the odor is musty, it will likely be mold growth, and the AC will spread mold spores throughout your home. When the smell is similar to burning, it will stem from insulation or electrical wires burning.
4. Your AC Makes Loud Noises
- Outside unit clicks while running – An obstruction may be present within the outside unit’s fan. Inspect the fan visually and remove any foreign objects causing the noise.
- Outside unit only clicks without operating – This could be a component’s electrical problem.
- Outside unit clangs and clunks – When the outside unit clangs and clunks, the fan may be striking an object. It could also be a loose fan mount which may be making it wobble and causing the clang and clunking sound.
- Bubbling sounds – If you hear a bubbling sound, it will likely be the condensate drain, which may only need cleaning. However, it could also be a leaky refrigerant, which must be checked and repaired.
- Your AC squeals – When your AC begins to squeal, it will be due to the fan belt. Although the sound may go away, it may return sporadically and eventually become damaged and snap. Having a fan belt snap will leave you with no choice but to have it repaired.
- Screeching metal-on-metal – When a screeching sound is heard, it will be the result of metal-on-metal and will be coming from the outside unit. The likely cause will be the bearings of the fan motor becoming faulty.
- Screaming or hissing – If your AC is screaming or hissing at you, your compressor must be repaired. This will be from a possible buildup of system pressure, which must be relieved. If you hear this, you should utilize the emergency kill switch to avoid any dangerous situation.
5. Your Thermostat Begins To Malfunction
When your AC fails to turn on or turns on and off after running for a short time, it may be time for the thermostat to be repaired. However, before you get on the phone with an AC specialist, check the batteries first to ensure they do not need replacement. If the batteries are good, then you’ll need a new thermostat.
Contact Cosmic Comfort to Address the Warning Signs
If you’ve noticed any warning signs indicating that your AC system needs repair, don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts at Cosmic Comfort. Our experienced technicians have the knowledge and skills to diagnose and address various AC issues. Whether it’s inadequate cooling, strange noises, poor airflow, frequent cycling, or unusual odors, we will thoroughly assess your system and provide effective solutions to restore its optimal performance.
With our prompt and reliable service, you can trust Cosmic Comfort to address the warning signs and ensure your AC system operates flawlessly, keeping you cool and comfortable throughout the year.